Total article views: 11088
The Business Directorate includes Food Service, Accomodation and Agribusiness. Food Service includes operation of the cafeteria, satellite canteens and catering services. The Accomodation section includes operation of dormitories, rental housing, mansion and the hostel. Agribusiness includes meat processing and Iloko vinegar production, piggery, poultry (layers), rice and other dry season crops, pomology/vegetables and university share. there are long-term projects which include water refilling station, small ruminants, cattle, fishponds and floriculture.
Rentals of properties like lands, fishponds, academic gowns, equipment and facilities of the University are likewise contributing to the income generation.
in as much as academic and non-academic units are encouraged to participate in income-generation, projects undertaken by these units include uniform sewing, bookbinding, t-shirt printing and ink-refilling.
- Maximize productivity and efficiency in the IGPs that should push income to optimum levels.
- Produce income that shall sufficiently provide the needs of the University that shall reduce if not eliminate dependence from government subsidy.
- Strengthen further the trilogy functions of the instruction, research and extension through more responsive IGPs.
- Create a culture of entrepreneurship among University constituents by providing them means and avenues to produce and market their products.
- Showcase applied technologies that shall influence and touch the lives of more people.
- Quality products and service toward generating more income and patronage especially in the food and accomodation services.
- Utilization of projects for practicum work of students and extension clients on management and application of learned concepts as well as technologies generated and for research.
- Capital investments and expansion of projects for maximum economic impact.
- Financing new income generating projects that have substantial economic impact.
- Participation of home industries as cooperators in University projects and in the marketing of theis products.
- Participation of faculty and staff in their private capacity in the income generating projects of the University like lease of properties for private enterprise.